SLOPE = m
Steps to calculate slope
- In order to calculate slope you need……. 2 PERFECT POINTS. Write them down.
- Once you have the 2 points/ordered pairs you can find the slope formula on the…… STAAR CHART. Write the formula down.
- Now you MUST LABEL your 2 perfect points. ***Remember it is (x, y) the x value is 1st
- Now that your points are labeled you can PLUG IN or substitute your numbers in the formula.
- You can solve using your…… CALCULATOR.
- If you get a decimal and want a fracction use your calculator and push the MATH button then ENTER and ENTER again and your answer should be in fractions form.
– Love Yall!!! Mrs. Molina 🙂
Y-Intercept = b
Steps to find the y-intercept
- Use your eyes and follow the line on the graph.
- Notice where the lines touches or meets the y-axis ( the one that goes up and down)
- The y value at this location is the y- intercept.